Monday, May 18, 2009

Since you asked

Someone asked me yesterday what the nasty smell was the other day. The truth is, I still don't know. I suspect, however, that it may have been someone firing up the building's A/C system for the first time this year. Happily, the smell was gone the next day and hasn't returned.

What hasn't abated is house showings. We had another last week and two more scheduled today. It's very tiring, and if I could get a final determination on the TX interview situation, I would know whether to give up and remove my home from the MLS, refinance, and settle in again, or to start packing like crazy for the big move. I can't imagine the middle alternative of selling my home without getting a new job, and I'm not sure whether or not I even want that alternative to come to pass. Our home has issues, but no more than most homes, and we do like our neighbors--but we are also the type who loves a new adventure in any form.

The TX company is supposed to get back to me in the next ~2 weeks, so we'll hopefully have more information soon, even if it's just that another interview is scheduled.

No comments: