Monday, March 10, 2008

Things kids say

This evening, I went to brush the teeth of L, my just-three-year-old. When I put her on the counter, she began rubbing her hands on the bar of soap instead. I asked her what she was doing, and she replied, "I put my finger in my bum, and now I have to wash it!"

I also had her tell me the story of Goldilocks tonight, with some prompting, as in, "What did the bears make? Who came while they were gone?" To this latter question, my towhead replied, "Goldilocks, and that's me!" It was cute to see her act nervous, hide under the covers, and become reluctant to continue with the story as the confrontation between Goldilocks and the bears approached.

1 comment:

WendyandGabe said...

I'd love to hear L tell me a story. That sounds so cute! I'm enjoying the blog.