Friday, April 11, 2008

Thanks, Chase

I'm happy to report that my credit card company, Chase, has been easy to work with in getting my money refunded. I don't have a refund of my $44.99 Expedia booking and ticket fee yet, but Chase has managed to return more than a hundred times that much for the 5 worthless tickets I bought and the 5 worthless tickets I didn't buy. So, in contrast to Expedia, I'm happy to recommend Chase. We've had this card for many years and have never had any major problems with it.

My brother is headed out here next week from Vermont, when we'll meet him at Arches National Park. I hope our boys have as much fun hiking and hunting lizards together as we did when we went there as kids.

I'm happy to see a major warming trend for next week, as it was snowing this morning when I woke up. That's not unheard of in April here, but we've had a very cold and moderately wet spring so far, and I'm ready to put away the skis and get out the bikes and hiking shoes. Unfortunately, I only got to ski twice this year. I may try to squeeze in one more day of spring skiing, but there aren't a lot of days available with my vacation time pretty much booked and my Saturdays pretty busy, too.

1 comment:

PixelFish said...

Maybe you guys will also get to see some of the hummingbirds that nest in the holes in the sandstone. It's not the best time--about a month too early for some of the flowering plants that the hummingbirds like to pollinate--but there's still a chance.

Oh, here's a nifty botany guide to the plants you can see. (Mostly insect pollinated.)

http://www.nps.gov/archive/arch/flowers/Months/April/April.htm


http://www.nps.gov/arch/planyourvisit/brochures.htm has species lists of the animals you can find.