Friday, May 2, 2008

Sick nephew

My brother is finishing up his visit to Utah. He's had a lot going on, but it has been nice to see him. It made me wish he would move his family back to Utah. I'm sure our kids would all enjoy seeing more of their cousins, too.

Unfortunately, his two-year-old has come down with some pretty serious flu-like symptoms. He got sick while they were at Zion National Park. They're back at my parents' house now, but little L is in the hospital with dehydration and fever. My brother has had to change his flight to stay with L while the rest of the family prepares to fly home.

That also means that only my oldest nephew, E, will be coming to my wife's brass band concert tonight. She plays in a British brass band, and they have their last concert of the fall-winter season tonight. E plays trumpet in middle school, so he should enjoy hearing a semi-professional brass ensemble, but it's too bad the rest of the family will miss it. I'm really looking forward to it myself. I'm happy my wife is playing her trumpet again after taking so much time off as we had babies and struggled through school.

1 comment:

Michael Carr - Veritas Literary said...

L is doing a little bit better, although they still haven't released him from the hospital. At least he's doing well enough to be very grouchy about the poking and prodding.

I'm very sorry that we can't make the concert. We were looking forward to it. :(