Saturday, February 23, 2008

Moving Day

My team has recently gone through a reorganization wherein we have been combined with another team. My former manager is now director of the combined groups, and one of my former peers is now my direct manager.

One upshot of this reorganization is that we are getting more space so that the combined groups can sit together. My team has had very little turnover since I arrived, but happily, there are just enough window offices now that by virtue of the combination of my pay grade and seniority, I'm moving from an interior office to one with a window. I was a bit spoiled with a window office on the 17th floor of a 20-story building in Salt Lake City in my last job, so I'm very happy to be getting a window office back after nearly two years in my current job.

I started moving yesterday and will finish on Monday. I'm using the move as an opportunity to reduce some of the clutter I've accumulated over the past couple of years. I'm not the world's most organized person, so I have several piles of clutter to get rid of. It's probably good for my image to do so, as I try to position myself for a promotion in the not-too-distant future.

No comments: