Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Welcome, Luddites!

I've decided to try writing a blog and see what happens. I'm not exactly an early technology adopter, which is not what you might expect.

In high school, I had a modem and used to hang out on bulletin boards before most people had heard of the internet. I worked my way through college doing tech support and have stints at IBM, Intel, and my current employer, a midsized international software company, on my resume. But now I am a lot more selective about my technology and don't really like changing how I do things just because a new gadget has come out.

I've kept a journal on and off since I was eight, and I wrote every day for many years, but I'm not sure how I feel about posting my thoughts for public consumption, so this experiment could be short-lived. Also, I wonder who is interested in the workaday routine of an in-house corporate lawyer living in the Rockies.

However, if you're still reading and stumbled upon this not knowing who I am, I'll introduce myself. I'm a happily married, thirtysomething, Latter-day Saint (Mormon) with four kids and a JD/MBA. I negotiate contracts for a living, and I enjoy board games, table tennis, and writing lyrics and poetry, among other activities. I consider myself to be politically a moderate Republican, though I've been on the campaign staff of a Democratic congressional candidate. I've lived for various lengths of time studying, working, or interning in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Indiana, Oregon, and Utah, as well as Santiago, Chile and London, UK. After law school, I initially worked for a regional law firm, but I enjoy being in-house rather better.

Welcome aboard for a ride of indeterminate length and utility!

No comments: