Thursday, February 14, 2008

Snow Day

As I shoveled 8 more inches of snow from my driveway this morning, I found myself wishing that my employer would call a snow day. My kids were hoping for the same, but alas, we were all disappointed, and it was off to school for the older ones and off to work for me. My "snow day" consisted of showing up about 10 minutes late to a team meeting. I don't remember the last time I shoveled so much snow in a winter. And sadly, I've only been skiing twice this winter, so I haven't even been able to enjoy it as much as I'd like.

Not the ideal way to start the day. Luckily, most of the sales guys I support are at a retreat on a tropical island right now, so the next few days will be a bit slower than usual. Fine by me. It's nice to have time to catch up on little things that build up on my desk from time to time.

No comments: