Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Testing the waters again

I have a second interview in a couple of days, but this is a different type of opportunity than what I've considered. This is with a small company, financed by the skin of their teeth, but that has huge potential opportunity. They have significant pilot projects of their technology with many of the big customers in their space, and are close to sealing a blockbuster deal with a household name. This position would be as their first real general counsel. I've already met with the CFO and will meet with outside counsel this time around.

It's the kind of opportunity that could either spell riches or rags in a year or two, so it's scary to contemplate. However, it won't get any easier to pursue such opportunities later as I become more entrenched in a large corporation and stare down college, mission, and wedding costs for my kids. This would probably be a real inflection point in my career, but an inflection can go up or down...

No comments: