Thursday, July 21, 2011

$700 wasted and well spent

I got the inspection report back on my new house today.  It looks like I may need to keep looking.  The engineer identified numerous problems with the house that need correcting, several of which are pretty major.  So, unless the seller wants to make significant repairs, and I'm guessing they don't, I'll need to keep looking.  I'm back to square one a little bit.  I'm looking at places in an adjacent community but still the same ward.  They are quite a bit newer, lower maintenance, and much more energy efficient, but smaller and with higher taxes and HOA dues.  I'm going to keep negotiating with the sellers of the other place, but looking at more houses tomorrow with my Realtor.  She's been great and is also the stake Primary president, so she can also tell me about wards if I end up in a different one.

No comments: