Thursday, July 28, 2011

Busy week

It's very time consuming to get divorced while writing the documents yourself, selling a house, and buying two others.  Also since my last post, H backed out of the new house, went back to her original choice, got an inspection and found out it was garbage, and now again wants to make an offer on the house I mentioned in my last post.  There are a lot of houses here that have foundation problems from soil heave caused by the high clay content, which makes the soil expand and contract according to the moisture level.  It's the only place I've ever been where when a drought comes, instead of telling you to water less, they tell you to water your trees more, and to water your foundation.  It's funny to me, being from the West.

Anyway, my inspection on the new house is scheduled for Monday morning.  I won't post pictures, as it seemed to jinx me last time.

I have also had a busy week finalizing the divorce papers.  I had to make an extra trip to the courthouse and rewrite quite a bit of what I had done--not for substantive reasons, but for technicalities.  That was always a problem I had when I did litigation.  It can be fun to catch the other side on the rules, but it seems that so many cases turn not on the substantive merits of the case, but on procedural jots and tittles.  Anyway, after much work, the papers now seem to be in order, so I just need to wait until the judge, who will be out for a bit at a judicial conference, can sign them.  But I think I can pretty much stop writing about divorce papers and proceedings now.

No comments: