Saturday, July 16, 2011

More house craziness

Considering my existing house is under contract, things have sure been crazy.  People seem to be ignoring the "option pending" and coming to see it in droves.  For that, I do credit H's hard work, plus the insane amount of time spent by our friends Darin and Kelly and Laura helping us stage the house.

Anyway, because we have a better offer in writing as a backup, we were hoping to persuade our original buyers that the house wasn't as great as they thought.  We told them we will not be fixing or replacing anything based on inspections and encouraged them to come back to see for themselves.  H had the house not look as good as before.  Apparently, though, they weren't convinced.  Meanwhile, the backup buyers came yet again yesterday to see the house and reiterate how much they want it.  And, no fewer than three other buyers came yesterday, including a last-minute call at 7:00 for a second showing by another serious buyer as I was settling in with the kids to watch a movie.  A change of plans and a quick trip to Baskin Robbins followed.  Good thing I went swimming yesterday morning.  Crazy.

H is actually going to call the prime buyers today and give them a sob story about how she is divorcing and needs the extra money and try to convince them to let her close with the other buyers.  She wanted to break the contract, but I told her (1) our integrity is not for sale, and (2) I don't want to get sued. It's gotten too stressful for me.  Money is nice, but I also just want to close this chapter of life, and I need to close on this house in time in order to close on my new place.

Wendy, it makes me want to barf. ;-)

1 comment:

WendyandGabe said...

I warn you, if you keep adding that tag to your blog you are going to get some random visitors to the site! :)